· more than 40 lawyers, representing hundreds of former and current mineworkers, have begun legal steps against south africa's gold mining industry.
· south africa's mining industry remains a critical component of the economy; outlook for the south african mining industry
capp urges feds to ensure canadian oil, gas benefit from growing global energy demand. by: henry lazenby 4th april 2018 despite surging demand globally for all forms of energy, canada's oil and natural gas industry is at risk as the cumulative effect of federal and provincial policies and regulations are fast thinning the country's market
south africa's mining industry is in "crisis" and its companies have lost confidence in the mining minister, whose sowing of policy uncertainty has led to a freeze on new investment, the chief executive of its chamber of mines said on friday.
· south africa's biggest ever class action lawsuit by gold miners with silicosis against mining firms will be allowed to proceed, a judge has ruled.
mining in south africa was once the main driving force behind the history and development of africa's most advanced and richest economy.
challenges facing the south african mining industry. mining industry in south africa faces on mining. hence it is critical for south africa to
a strong price recovery for the main commodities south africa mines and exports has helped the country's sector stage a turnaround in 2017, the first time in five years the industry is back in the black.
· "this is a very significant judgment for the mining industry, in the south african mining sector," they said. south africa has the world's
the gold mining industry in south africa is successful due to the countries large gold in africa, which make up a substantial portion of the gold reserves and gold prospecting in the entire world, with some estimates over 50%.
by linley benson. when visiting the apartheid museum, i was struck by the relationship between south africa's mining industry and the foundations of
the south african mining industry is poised to receive more than r220 billion in investments this year, says the mineral resources ministrer, mosebenzi zwane.
africa mining news. explore related africa articles for more information on the africa mining industry.
tough choices facing the south african mining industry 1 mining companies globally as well as in south africa face signifi cant challenges, putting the industry
we are a mining industry employers' organisation which exists to serve our members and promote their interests in south africa.
south africa's mines minister gwede mantashe said on tuesday he was still aiming to finalise a third version of an industry charter by may that lays out requirements for black ownership levels and other targets.
· in south africa, a body established in 2016 to help the country's mining industry look at alternative energy sources including biodiesel found that the high cost of feedstocks along with unreliable producers cutting corners to boost profits means there are no financial savings switching to biodiesel, leaving only the environmental benefits
the mining industry in south africa will continue with legal challenges until controversial new regulations are scrapped and new policies drawn up.
the south african mining sector must strive to build a competitive, transformed and sustainable industry, the chairperson of the council for geoscience said at mining indaba in cape town this week.
t he south african rand fell nearly 2pc against the dollar as critics warned the charter would put off investors in a country that is already in recession.. the chamber of mines, which represents 90pc of south africa's mining industry, including ftse companies anglo american, glencore and lonmin, said it would launch an immediate legal
1 claremont mckenna college corporate social responsibility in south africa's mining industry: redressing the legacy of apartheid submitted to
· opinion hot on the heels of davos, the investing in africa mining indaba provides an opportunity for the new anc president, cyril ramaphosa, to send the right signals to the local mining industry and civil
a complete overview of mining in south africa, from its historical roots to today, including in depth industrial analysis and a list of new mining opportunities.
south africa is a world leader in mining. the country is famous for its abundance of mineral resources, accounting for a significant proportion of world production and reserves, and south african mining companies are key players in the global industry.